Here's a nice soup on a cold Sunday night (there is an extra step but it is worth it):
1. Sweat scallions and garlic in olive oil, then a little white wine and bring to a boil then add Thanksgiving turkey (yes, it was frozen).
2. Add Thanksgiving broth (also frozen) and a little sriracha (Thai hot sauce).
3. Meanwhile, boil salted water and add elbow macaroni. Cook until al dente (slightly hard). Drain and dry on a towel (not shown). Heat some oil in a wok and add the macaroni. Fry until brown and crispy.
4. Spoon macaroni into a shallow bowl.
5. Ladle the soup over the macaroni.
This recipe was from the Girl and the Goat cook book but I mixed it up a lot. The recipe says to leave the soup for four minutes in order for the macaroni to soften a bit. I didn't want to miss that good crunchiness. The next time I would salt and spice the macaroni (after it is done) and not spice the soup. Might also lead to a new (for me) snack food.