Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chicken

I think that I can roast a pretty good chicken - and have many ways of doing it. My favorite, though, is Gordon Hamersley's. Puree a bunch of parsley, 3 garlic cloves, 3 shallots (I usually skip these and add more garlic), 1T herbs de provence, 1t dried rosemary, one lemon zest, 3T dijon, 6T olive oil, 2t kosher salt and 2t pepper. Taste it - delicious. Slather it over a chicken - there will be leftover because the official recipe is for two 3 lb chickens but I like more. Let the chicken sit out for an hour (or in the fridge for two) then roast it on (my invention) lemon slices in a 350d oven for 1 1/2 hours - give or take 1/2 an hour. When it is done, remove the chicken and make a sauce of chicken broth and butter. If you don't have a thermometer you really need one - it should be 165d - 170d (although I am fine with 160d).


Really delicious.


The second photo had flash - it doesn't look that weird.














No comments:

Post a Comment