Friday, January 20, 2012

Old Standby

The holidays are over so I need to get back into the blogging saddle! Here is a favorite that I have made for years. It's not simple: technically easy but requires a little more time. If you are like me and enjoy hanging out in the kitchen on a cold Saturday or Sunday night then this is a really delicious dish (it's from Todd English in Boston and the book was from my good friend Iva).

Stuff some chicken thighs with sausage (the recipe calls for spicy but it isn't necessary). Dredge them in a flour, salt and pepper mixture. Brown them (with some olive oil) in a large, oven-proof pan.

"Scatter" (not my word) onions, garlic, mushrooms and red pepper flakes. Added crushed tomatoes, white wine and bring to a boil. 

Add balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, bay leaves, rosemary and bring to another boil.


Bake for about 40 minutes, remove the chicken, add some dijon and bring to another, another boil.

Serve with some cheesy polenta or mashed potatoes. Yum.


If I haven't said it before: this blog isn't about recipes, just ideas so if you ever want details let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment