Saturday, May 19, 2012

SALT

If you don't like it stop reading.

If you do (and I do) think about this:

1. 1/3 lb (approx) pasta boiled in salty water for 5 minutes (linguine would be good). Ina Garten says that pasta should be boiled in water that tastes like the ocean. Not a bad rule!

2. Three or four cloves of garlic, big mince (I know, I hate it when I read that kind of thing so I mean 1/8" to 3/16")

3. 3/4 tin of anchovies, small dice ( just chop, chop, chop).

Turn the water on and bring it to a boil.

Saute 2. and 3. in a little olive oil. When the fish are cooked they become salty, smoky wonderfulness and not at all fishy.

4. Croutons from earlier in the week (I have been finding that making small dice comes in handy for vegetables or pasta (tonight).

5. Flat leaf spinach

Add the pasta to the anchovy / garlic mixture (reserve some pasta water in case it is too dry). Not the other way around - you want to get all of the good bits from the fish and garlic. Sprinkle with some red pepper flakes. Mix and split between two bowls (this is for two people). Top with the croutons.


No comments:

Post a Comment