Sunday, February 17, 2013

Orange Duck

Well this was a bit of work: five parts - all were easy except the spring rolls which I have never made before:

Roasted Mushrooms
Braised Bok Choy
Pan Roasted Duck
Orange Sauce
Chicken Spring Rolls

I could have left the spring rolls off (as the recipe suggested) and would have still had a satisfying meal. I found it in my Girl and the Goat cookbook and thought that I would just buy the spring rolls but, at the last minute decided to try my hand at making them since it was only the two of us. It was a mess and I had the heat too high so they started to burn and one fell apart in the pan and blah, blah, blah. Now I know better how it should go and look forward to trying them again - with a simple side.

The other mistake, I think, was that the recipe called for a cup of fresh orange juice. I squeezed about 7/8 of a cup and added a bit of lime juice to top it off. I thought that the sauce was too acidulous. Maybe it is anyway. I'll have to try that again too.


No comments:

Post a Comment