Sunday, March 10, 2013

This and That

Herewith are some recent meals that I won't go into (much) detail about:


Ikea meatballs ("from US sources only using beef and pork"), wide noodles and spinach.

I love these wide, Amish-style noodles - and, of course, the meatballs. Nayyyyyy!


Seared chicken with orange sauce, spring rolls, mushrooms and bok choy.

This was a lot of work because of the spring rolls - my first time. Better to do them with something else. It was all fantastic though.


Braised lamb shanks, curried cauliflower and grape gremolata.

Gremolata is an Italian condiment made from herbs, lemon zest, garlic and - in this case - grapes and mint. I didn't have curry (thought that I did) so I used turmeric. The sauce was delicious, the gremolata not so much.


Grilled flank steak, sauteed spinach, tomato and cashew soubise.

Soubise is the French version of risotto - it's baked with lots of sliced onions and diced tomatoes for 90 minutes (the cashews are sprinkled on after). Couldn't be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment