Thursday, November 7, 2013

Tradition


This is an old favorite in my family. My dad calls it Gunkazetti (aka American Chop Suey). I had totally forgotten about it until last weekend when I saw my sister give it (leftovers) to her kids. I then had a craving but had to mix it up.

Onion, garlic, fresh rosemary and olive oil:

Hamburger:


Canned tomatoes and rice (I missed a photo - the macaroni should be here):


The "traditional" recipe doesn't allow for garlic or rosemary. The macaroni goes in with everything else but I upset that apple cart. From a Girl and the Goat chicken soup recipe, I boiled the macaronis briefly and then deep fried them. The crunch was knock down, out of the park delicious. I mixed them in (as you can see) but it would have been better to sprinkle them on top. All in all - an A for a week night dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment