Sunday, August 14, 2011

2011 August - Welcome Dinner

Fran, Iva and Woody (from Boston) came to Chicago for a visit and we made this welcome meal for the first night. Corn soup (no sugar or cream, just chicken stock and blended until smooth), garden basil chiffonade, "bacon" bits (I had eaten half before I remembered to take a picture):



Avocado, grapefruit and mustard vinaigrette:


Grilled chicken / squash / tomato, cauliflower puree:


Chocolate terrine, chocolate syrup, sea salt, garden mint ice cream:


By now, you have probably noticed how bad some of my photos are! I take them to remember but now that I am sharing them I will have to ramp it up.



2 comments:

  1. It was a great "Welcome to Chicago" meal. Steve really outdid himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed Fran and Woody. Oh, and dinner! Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete