Sunday, December 21, 2014

Lemons

Oops - I forgot to take a pict until I was nearly finished so it is a little sloppy. Anyway, this is a recipe from the New York Times: Pasta With Fried Lemons and Chili Flakes.

I used Meyer lemons (75 cents each versus 50 cents for "regular") and they made all the difference. They are a cross between an orange and a lemon.

Quarter then slice the lemons. Boil in salted water for two minutes. Dry then fry in olive oil. Remove then add lemon zest, chili flakes and butter and cook until "fragrant".

Toss with cooked pasta (I used fresh and that was great too), lemons, zest, lemon juice, parsley (the recipe also calls for celery leaves but I didn't see the point in that) and (Romano) cheese. I had a taste before adding the cheese and thought that we would all go hungry but the cheese really transformed the dish. My only issue was that the oil for the lemons should have been really hot - think frying hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment